A Quick Guide to Keeping Your Apartment Clean, Sanitized, and Germ-Free During the COVID-19 Pandemic
by Brittany Fisher
If you live in an apartment building, the coronavirus crisis may be especially worrisome for you—especially if another building occupant was recently diagnosed with COVID-19. However, there are steps you can take to keep your apartment clean and disinfected—while also maintaining your sanity as you’re confined to a small space for days at a time. To learn everything you need to know about staying safe, healthy, and sane during the coronavirus pandemic, review the resources below presented by GTR Management.
Combat Bacteria in Your Apartment
● If you’re still going to work, wash your hands thoroughly after you get home.
● Clean and sanitize your home to protect your family against COVID-19.
● Consider making your own cleaners and disinfectants at home.
● Shop safely whenever you leave your home to purchase groceries.
● If you need repairs, disinfect your apartment before and after any emergency visits.
Stay Safe and Healthy in Common Areas
● Follow the CDC’s guidelines to protect yourself and other building occupants.
● Take extra precautions if someone in your building has been diagnosed with the virus.
● Protect yourself while visiting a laundromat or shared laundry room.
● Learn how to handle potential problems or disputes with neighbors or co-tenants.
Keep Your Sanity While Living in a Small Space
● Connect digitally, stay physically active, learn a new hobby, and stick to a routine.
● Manage emotional stress and anxiety while living in a small space during quarantine.
● Head outside to enjoy a safe outdoor activity such as walking or jogging.
● Make sure you keep your space clean and decluttered; it can have a huge impact on how you feel, emotionally and physically.
While apartment living can be worrisome amid the coronavirus crisis, these tips and resources will help to keep you safe, healthy, and sane during this challenging time. By disinfecting your apartment and taking additional precautions whenever you visit common areas and head outdoors, you’ll eliminate harmful germs and keep yourself as healthy as possible.